I am back on Slimming World (again) and this time I am determined to stick at it as I have a wedding dress to fit into next year - if that won't motivate me to lose weight then nothing will! I recently rejoined my local class and was warmly welcomed back, Slimming World is the only diet that works for me but I always lose a stone and then give up as I get bored of eating the same meals. So I have decided to start writing weekly meal plans, hopefully, it will inspire me to make new meals and it might help any of you who might be sick of eating the same meals too.
I am not the best cook and I am a work-at-home mum of three, so my meals are often quick and easy. I am actually also following the Slimming World plan myself and I pay to attend group each week just like everyone else. I also genuinely do have weight to lose, I am not one of those people who just have a stone to lose for their wedding (I wish!), I want to lose about 6 stone for my wedding. So if you are reading this and want to lose weight with Slimming World I am in the same boat as you are.
Each day I normally have 2 Hi-Fi light bars (available to buy in group) or 2 Weetabix with semi-skimmed milk from my allowance, topped with fruit for speed. Normally on a weekend I will have either scrambled egg on wholemeal toast or a healthy fry-up of grilled bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, fried egg and beans all cooked in Fry Light. I normally use my Healthy Extra B at breakfast time on either Hi-Fi bars, Weetabix or wholemeal bread and if I have Weetabix I use milk from my healthy extra A allowance.
For lunch I have been having Subway salads, I normally get the Ham or Turkey one with loads of salad for speed and the sweet onion sauce (1.5 syns) they only cost about £3 and are really nice. I also tried a couple of the Slimming World meals from Iceland and served them with a microwaveable bags of vegtables and a boil in the bag rice. I have also had jacket potatoes with tuna mixed with light mayonnaise (2 syns) and salad.
This week for tea I have cooked
- Steak, chips (cooked in the airfryer with frylight) with peppers, mushrooms and onions for speed.
- Slimming World sausages (from Iceland), chips (Cooked in the airfryer with frylight), beans and a big fruit salad.
- Slimming World Chicken Tikka meal (From Iceland) with a boil in the bag rice and a bag of microwavable vegetables.
- Homemade burgers (made with lean mince), Chips (in the airfryer with frylight) salad and peppers.
- Roast Pork dinner, new potatoes, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, small Yorkshire (2.5 syns) and gravy (1.5syns).
- Chicken breasts cooked in a Maggi cook in the bag (2.5 syns) with chips (Cooked in airfyer), peppers, mushrooms, onions.
- Chilli (made with lean 5% fat mince) and packed with onions, mushrooms and peppers and served with plain boiled rice.
I have found that I have not wanted to snack as much as normal this week as I am feeling so full of my meals. If I do snack I have been having fruit and mullerlights. My syns have been going on sauces, sugar (I don't like sweetener in my coffee in a morning) and the odd bag of Haribo or packet of Quavers.
At my first weigh in I lost 5.5lbs which I am really happy about. I feel like I have eaten a lot more this week then I did before I started the plan and I am already starting to feel so much better, I feel less bloated since I stopped eating so much bread and I feel a lot less tired and sluggish. Fingers crossed for another loss next week.
If you have any Slimming World meal ideas then let me know in the comments below as I am always looking for new recipes to try.