For those of you who are like me and rather unorganised for Christmas this year , Do you think i can blame it on the fact i had a baby four months ago? probably not. Or for those of you who won't be getting paid from work until Christmas eve i thought that i would make a very quick Christmas gift guide , as it might make a change from fighting over the last Lynk and Dove gift sets in boots or buying your own body weight in quality streets and selection boxes for people.
Adult Gift Ideas
* A Degustabox subscription box, I have been reviewing these lately and they are a monthly food subscription box service and you can read my full review here and here or visit there website www.degustabox.co.uk. These would make a great present for a foodie and they are a lovely surprise delivered each month. You could take out a subscription for £12.99 per month including posting and packaging and you can cancel your subscription at any time so you could just buy them one or two boxes . You could order on Christmas eve/ Christmas day and then just print out your order confirmation or write in a card that you have ordered them a surprise subscription box that will be getting delivered each month for however many months you plan on buying one for.
* A magazine subscription from Unique magazines , most people love reading magazines and if you visit Unique magazines website www.uniquemagazines.co.uk you are bound to find a magazine they would enjoy and you could order them a magazine subscription which i would personally love as a gift. Again you could just either print your confirmation e-mail off or write in a card what you have ordered and you could do this as late as Christmas eve or Christmas day and then your loved one can have there favourite magazine delivered to there door each month.
New Or Expecting Parent Ideas
* BabyNatal baby care classes, i reviewed these classes a while ago With Katy who runs the Newcastle classes and they are brilliant and you can book for one person to attend or for a couple. And they are really useful and informative classes that will teach parents to be everything about caring for a newborn baby. I even found them really useful and i have three children ,you can read my review here. Or they also do baby first aid classes which i believe that every parent should be trained in as you never know when it may come in useful, again these classes can be booked for individuals or couples. And you can book them by contacting Katy on Twitter here if you live in Newcastle or via the website www.babynatal.co.uk if you live elsewhere in the country as they have classes all over the country.
* Newborn baby photo shoot. When Jacob was born we had some gorgeous photos taken of him by Tina at I just love baby's photography which you can view here, and she does gift vouchers so that people can a buy friend or relative a gift voucher for a newborn photo shoot and you can see her work on her facebook page here. Every parent wants nice photos of there newborn baby and every new parent or parent to be would love something like this. So you could book something like this with a local photographer for in the new year/whenever baby is due.
Baby's and Toddlers
* A Sassy Bloom subscription box, i love Sassy Bloom i have received a few boxes which you can read about here and here. And Sassy Bloom is basically a baby subscription box service for children up to the age of two and you sign up and fill in details about the child on there website www.sassybloom.com and then once a month a box will arrive packed with goodies suitable for the child they cost £29 a month but you can cancel at any time or you can buy a one off as a gift. So you could order a one of these and it will be delivered as a surprise in the new year.
* A baby massage or baby yoga course. I have attended baby massage with both Sophia and Jacob and also baby yoga with Sophia at Much Loving Touch which is run by the really lovely Stacey and she runs classes in Northumberland and North Tyneside and they are brilliant classes that both of my children enjoyed and i am taking Sophia back to toddler yoga in the new year. You can view there facebook page here for more details but its normally around £30 for a five week course. And they would make great presents for a baby as they have no idea whats happening at Christmas and they are hard to buy for and also they will love these classes and get to spend time with there mummy or daddy doing something fun which is way better then any toy.
Unfortunately i think that most children will be after toys as gifts so you will probably have to be brave and face the manic Christmas eve shoppers at the toy shop. But i have seen a great idea on another blog called Zena's Suitcase about creating a treasure basket for young children and toddlers to explore which you can view yourself here.
I have a twelve year old and she no longer wants or plays with toys any more , sob sob. If someone was to buy her a gift i know that she would love either
* Cold hard cash , which she will then waste in Claire's
* Itune vouchers and mobile phone top ups which you can buy from pretty much any shop.
* Concert tickets , you can buy them online and print off the tickets.
* Vouchers that she can then go and buy whatever she wants with.
So there is my quick and easy very last minute Christmas gift ideas in case you are after a present a bit different for someone or you just don't want to face the crowds in the shops tomorrow. As i have to go to the shops for a few last minute things and i am dreading it, wish me luck and i wish every single one of you a very merry Christmas.