Last month you may have heard me mentioning Degustabox on social media, which is a monthly food and drink subscription box service. For those of you who are unsure of the concept of subscription boxes you basically just sign up for and pay the monthly fee which is only £12.99 per month including posting and packaging and then once a month you will receive a box delivered to your door which is packed with between 9-14 surprise food and drink products. Each month the items in your box will be completely different and it is a great way to try out lots of new foods and drinks you may never have tried before. And there is no long sign up commitment you can cancel your box any time you like as long as it is before the 10th of the month. It really is as simple as that.
|Opening My Well Packaged Box|
Last month i was really lucky and was sent a Degustabox to review which you can read about here. And we were really impressed with are first box. And i was lucky enough to be sent another box to review this month too. The boxes normally arrive at the end of the month but as it is Christmas next week the boxes arrived early this month, which was a nice surprise. So here is what was inside the December Degustabox.
|Contents Of December's Degustabox|
- One bottle of Eisberg non alcoholic wine RRP £3.49. I have never tried non alcoholic wine before as i like normal wine far to much but i have not had an alcoholic drink for the last two and a half years due to being pregnant for the last two Christmases and i wont be drinking this Christmas either as i will have two babies to look after, so i will be trying this out over Christmas so i don't feel left out when every else is drinking. This would be perfect for anyone who is driving , working, pregnant, does not drink or someone like me with young children to drink over the festive period.
|Eisberg Alcohol Free Wine|
- Four cans of Gloworm mixer drinks RRP £1.50 each so £6.00 in total. I had never heard of these drinks before but they are mixers that are designed to go well with alcoholic drinks and would be great for making cocktail type drinks with over the festive period. We received Raspberry & Orris flavour to mix with vodka, Cucumber and Apple to mix with Gin, Pear spice & Lime to mix with Rum and Ginger & Lemongrass to mix with Bourbon. I wish i was drinking so that i could try them out as they sound great.
|Gloworm Mixer Drinks|
- Two packets of Bahlsen biscuits RRP £1.79 each or £3.58 in total. We received a pack of milk chocolate and a pack of caramel biscuits. Again i had never heard of Bahlsen biscuits but they were really yummy and they disappeared straight away in are household as they were so yummy and i will defiantly be keeping an eye out for these in the future as they have more chocolate then biscuit , always a winner in my eyes.
- One bag of Popchip crisps RRP £1.79. I have seen these advertised ( i am sure Katy Perry advertised them? ) but i have never tried them before. We received the BBQ flavour and they were really nice and everyone in are household liked them. They make a nice change from regular crisps as they have half the fat of normal crisps but still taste Delicious. I will defiantly be buying these again.
- One jar of Bonne Maman marmalade RRP £2.30. Again i have never heard of Bonne Maman and Marmalade is not something that we buy a lot of , we do like it we just do not buy it often. I tried this and is really nice on toast and is much tastier then the well known jars from the supermarkets i have brought in the past.
|Bonne Maman Marmalade|
- One bottle of Frylight Infuse Chilli spray RRP £2.00 . We always use frylight when cooking as it is much healthier and a lot less greasy then regular cooking oils. I have never tried the chilli one before though, but the other half loves spicy chilli type sauces and meals so i am planning on using this when i next make a stir fry or for cooking steaks or making spag bol or chilli.
|Frylight Chilli Spray Oil|
- One Kent's Kitchen Brazilian Moqueca Capixaba meal kit RRP £2.50. We have tried a Kent's Kitchen meal kit that was in my last Degustabox and they are so handy they have all the oils and spices you need to create a meal you just simply add your meat and/ or vegetables to the oils and spices and it creates a lovely authentic meal in minutes. I have never tried Brazilian food before and i have never even heard of Moqueca Capixaba before so it will be interesting to see what that is like.
|Kent's Kitchen Meal Kit|
- One pack of Pukka Herbs clean green tea RRP £2.39. I have never heard of this brand before and i have never tried this tea before . But i think that this will come in handy for after Christmas as lets face it we all over indulge over Christmas and new year and the majority of us go on some kind of health kick. I for one know that i will be as i have baby weight to shift so this will come in handy after Christmas to kick start my healthy eating and clean eating regime.
|Pukka Herb Drink|
So what did i think?
Firstly i have seen a lot people mention on social media that they were disappointed with this months box as it was not very festive and they were expecting a Christmas box. In a way i do agree that it is not very festive at all but these boxes were meant to go out at the end of December so i think that they are more of a January new year health kick kind of box with the green tea, healthy pop chips and the healthy Frylight spray. I don't think that were ever intended to be a Christmas box they were just delivered early due to Christmas.
So on to what i thought, i was impressed with the contents of Decembers box as there was a wide range of products there was a good mix of drink products , sweet and savoury snacks and cooking ingredients. There was a couple of brands that i am familiar with but there was also a lot of new brands that i had never heard of before and that i have and will enjoy trying out. There was nothing that i dislike in the box and the same as last month everything that was in the box was good quality products and they are all regular sizes that you would buy in the shops and not full of small samples.
The contents of this months box are worth £24.05 so that is almost double the £12.99 that you pay for the box which is great value. The thing that i love the most about Degustabox and subscription boxes is that they are like a surprise each month as you have no idea at all what will be inside the box until you open it. And i love that you get to try out products that you may never have tried or heard of before.
Overall i did like this months Degustabox but i didn't like it as much as my first box which was really amazing so i would give Decembers Degustabox a 8.5/10 .We really like Degustabox and i think that we will be taking out a subscription in the new year as it is a little surprise each month that are whole family enjoys arriving.
If you like the look of these Degustabox's then you can order a one yourself and it is really quick and easy to do you just visit there website www.degustabox.co.uk fill in your details and pay £12.99 per month for your box via direct debit which includes postage and packaging . If you order before the 20th of the month you will receive your box at the end of the month and if you order after the 21st of the month you will receive your box by the 8th of the following month , but this will differ over Christmas and new year. If you want to cancel your box you can at any time just by contacting them and cancelling before the 10th of the month. Easy peasy.
You can follow Degustabox on Twitter or Facebook to find out what others think of these boxes as i am not the only one who thinks that they are so great. And if you fancy ordering a one yourself then i have a discount code that you can use which will give you £3 off the price of your first box which will mean you only pay £9.99 for your first box which is amazing value! The code is VUH4B and you just enter it at the checkout to receive £3 off your first order.
If you try out your own Degustabox i would love to know what you think as i am sure that you will be as impressed as i am with them and love them too.
* Disclosure : I was kindly sent this Degustabox free of charge for the purpose of this review , however all opinions and words are my own honest account of the product's we received.