Yesterday i blogged about looking back on the past year , saying as it is new year and everyone reflects on the year gone by and all that. I really enjoyed writing the post and i think it will be lovely for us as a family to look back on in years to come. And you can read it yourself here if you missed it.
Anyway as i have been reflecting on the year, i thought that i would document my top ten blog posts from 2014. As i have seen a few other bloggers do this and thought it was such a good idea. As you all know i only started this blog last year and have been blogging for less then a year. But looking back on old blog posts while deciding which posts to include i am amazed at how my posts have improved over the last few months.
The posts that i have included are not all my most viewed or commented on posts , they are simply the ten blog posts that i like the best out of the hundred posts i wrote last year. So here is my ten favourite posts i published last year on this blog.
* My Mothercare re-opening event post.Back in November i was contacted by Mothercare to ask if i would like to go to there Team Valley store's re-opening event as a one of there VIP bloggers. Of course i jumped at the chance as we are huge Mothercare fans in are house and we always shop there for baby products.The event was great and the store is amazing, seriously if you live local go check it out. You can read the post here. This post amazed me with the views it was getting , it received thousands of views and is my most read post and ranks pretty well on google if you search Mothercare Team Valley. And i know nothing at all about SEO. I thought that it only done so well as it had a competition included in the post to win some cute festive Tommee Tippee bottles, as i met the lovely Sarah from Tommee Tippee at the event and wrote about the event for them too. But even since the competition closed it is still getting lots of views every single day.
* Myleene Klass interview post. Yes i got to interview Myleene Klass the celebrity! When i attended the Mothercare event i was also offered the chance to interview Myleene and how could i say no. I had free rein to ask her anything i wanted and she was so lovely and just a normal working mum like the rest of us. You can read my exclusive interview with her here. It is not every day that you can say you met and interviewed a celebrity. Well unless your a journalist or TV presenter of course. But you know what i mean. This has to be my blogging high of 2014.
* Sophia's first birthday cake smash. I love this post as it is mainly just gorgeous photographs of Sophia on her first birthday cake smash photo shoot, you can view the post here. We paid to get these photos done on her first birthday as we thought it was a fun and cute way to celebrate her first birthday. I love these photos and i still look back on them now. It was a nightmare getting the photos done as she just kept toddling off all over the place, but i am glad we had them done as they are something nice to look back on.
* My letter to Sophia on her first birthday . The reason i started my blog was to record family memories. I hope that one day my children will look back on this blog and be able to see how much i loved them and to remember there childhood. I plan on writing them all a letter each on there birthdays that they can look back on and see how loved they are and what they were like at that age. So this post means a lot to me as it is a post i really want Sophia to read when she is older, you can have a look at it here.
* Following on from my letter to Sophia i also wrote a letter to Chloe on her twelfth birthday which you can read here. I do not mention Chloe as much as i mention my youngest two children, simply because she is twelve and she is at an age where she is on social media and i don't want to say anything that may embarrass her or that her friends may see. But as it was her birthday in October i had to write a letter to say how much i loved her and what she was like. I hope she reads it one day soon to see how loved she is.
* Introducing baby Jacob. I wrote this post when Jacob was a few days old, as a way of letting my readers know that Jacob had been born as i had been silent on my blog. The post is rather short and it was quickly typed up on my mobile, seriously i don't know how people can blog on there phone i find it awful. But this post means something to me as it is welcoming my little boy into the world. You can read it yourself here.
* One of the very first reviews i did was for Puddle ducks swimming lessons. We were invited to try out a lesson with Sophia, as i was heavily pregnant at the time her daddy took her and they both loved it! we planned on booking lessons but due to having Jacob and the other half working shifts booking her on some lessons was impossible, But it is something that we will defiantly be looking into once Jacob is a bit bigger. I love this review as it was something fun, it was my first proper review and it was a great company.
* Another review i loved writing was a book review The Skeleton Cupboard by Dr Tanya Byron which you can read here. I loved this book and could not put it down. It was written by Dr Tanya Byron off the TV and it was about her time as a trainee clinical psychologist. The book is fiction but the characters are so real. As i have worked in mental health and social care and studied it as a degree this is something that i was really interested in. This book was amazing , i loved it and i recommend it to anyone as it such a good read. I have included this post as i love reading, i always have but i rarely get time to read these days. As a book worm there is nothing better then reading an amazing book that stays with you for years and this is one of those books for me.
* Ten signs you are a parent to a newborn was a blog post that i quickly wrote on a whim in about fifteen minutes.You can view it here .But this post received lots of views and lots of people commented on it as they related to it. It was basically just a quick post mentioning things that you may recognise if you have a newborn. Such as eating your meals with a fork in one hand and a baby in the other, come on we have all been there. I am sure baby's have some kind of built in radar that makes them cry when its time for parents to eat. I loved this post as so many other parents related to it , which was great as i realised i was not alone and not the only one going out covered in baby sick as they could not be bothered to go and get changed. Yes i know i am disgusting.
* My last post is in fact my very first post Why write a blog. When i had the crazy idea of starting a blog back in march i had no idea what i was doing or where to start. So i wrote my first post, why write a blog which you can read here. It is not very good , but writing that post set me off on my blogging journey and if i had never wrote that post i would not have my blog and the amazing opportunities it has gave me with it. I am so glad i wrote that post. If anyone out there is thinking of writing there own blog, just do it . You wont regret it.
So those were my top ten blog posts of 2014. Hopefully i will be sitting down this time next year to write my top ten blog posts of 2015. I can not wait to see what this year has in store. If you have a blog what were your top posts you wrote in 2014? I would love to know , I'm nosey like that.