Regular readers will know that I am now back on my Slimming World diet in a bid to lose weight once and for all. When I have followed the Slimming World plan before I always stuck to the same meals so this time I have decided to try out lots of new recipes, so that I don't get bored and turn to unhealthy foods. This week I decided to dust off my trusty slow cooker and make some Slimming World style syn free chicken fajitas and thought I would share my recipe.
- Chicken breasts.
- 3 Peppers
- 2 Onions
- Mushrooms (I used 5)
- Cajun spice
- I sliced my onions, peppers and mushrooms and placed them into my slow cooker.
- I then sprinkled some Cajun spice mix over the sliced vegetables
- I then layered the chicken breasts on top of the chopped vegetables in the slow cooker before sprinkling the chicken with some more Cajun spice mix.
- I then added a small amount of water (about 100 ml) to the slow cooker.
- I then cooked on low for 8 hours.
- Once it was ready I drained the excess water off and shredded the chicken with a fork before serving.
- Five minute prep time.
- 8 hours cooking time on low in the slow cooker.
As I am on Slimming World I served my fajitas with slimming world chips, my partner had his in a wrap with salsa and sour cream sauce as he is not following the plan. They would also be nice with rice and salad or as a baked potato topper.
I enjoyed these fajitas and will be making them again, however next time I wont be adding any green peppers as they tasted a bit bitter off the slow cooker, however the red ones were delicious. The fajitas did not taste like regular fajitas but they were still really tasty and the chicken was really tender and yummy. This is such a great meal if you are on Slimming World as it is syn free, it is really quick and easy to make and it tastes nice.
What do you like making in your slow cooker ? I would love to know in the comments below.