January is such a miserable month, isn't it? everyone is broke after Christmas, the weather is rubbish and we end up feeling a bit deflated stuck at home during the cold, dark evenings. Now it is half way through January I am feeling a bit bored, I am trying to be good and save some pennies and the weather is rubbish so we have been spending a lot more time at home lately. My other half is a huge movie fan so I have vowed this year to spend more time watching DVD's with him at home. Let's face it snuggling up all cosy on the sofa with a good film is perfect for this time of year, especially a good comedy to chase away those winter blues.
Over the next few weeks, I will be watching a selection of comedy DVd's that I have never watched myself before, films that I would not normally watch but which I have heard great things about. The films I will be watching are.
- Private Benjamin - I have never seen this classic 80s film starring Goldie Hawn as a rich girl who mistakes the army for a health club.
- Witches of Eastwick - Another 80s film that I have never seen, this time starring an all-star cast of Cher, Susan Sarandon, Michelle Pieffer and Jack Nicholson.
- The wedding singer - I have heard such great things about this 90s film starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore that I am actually really looking forward to watching this.
- Blended - Another more recent film starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore in which they go on a blind date and vow never to see each other again until they end up on holiday together.
- How to be single - I actually wanted to see this at the cinema last year when it came out, so I am looking forward to seeing what this group of single friends get up to in New York.
If you like the sound of these DVD's then you can buy them yourself from Amazon and one lucky reader can also win a bundle including all five DVDs that I mentioned. To be in with a chance of winning Private Benjamin, Witches of Eastwick, The wedding singer, Blended and How to be single just head on over to Twitter, follow me @nefamilylife and retweet the pinned tweet on my profile - which you can find here. The giveaway will be open until midnight on the 25th January 2017 to UK entrants only, one winner will be selected at random from all people who have followed and retweed to win the bundle of DVD's. If you search for the hashtag #NewYearNewYou on twitter you will also see some more competions other bloggers are hosting to win some more DVD bundles. Good Luck!