I have been on the Slimming World diet plan for a while now and i have found that i have been making the same meals all the time and getting bored of them. So when i heard people talking about mushy pea curry and saying how easy it is to make and delicious it tasted i thought i would give it a try. I will admit when i heard people talking about it i thought it sounded horrible but it really is tasty and very filling, it works well with rice or as a jacket potato topping. So here is the recipe i used.
Ingredients - Serves 4
- 2 Tins of Mushy Peas.
- 1 Tin of baked beans
- 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- Diced chicken ( optional )
- 1 large sliced onion
- Few sliced mushrooms ( optional )
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons of medium curry powder
- I cooked my chicken thoroughly in a pan, you do not need to use chicken as the meal is very filling without it but i like chicken in mine.
- I cooked my onion, garlic and mushrooms until golden brown and then added the cooked chicken to the pan.
- I then added the 2 tins of mushy peas, baked beans and chopped tomatoes and stirred it all together.
- Lastly i added 1 tsp of chilli powder and 2 tbsp of medium curry powder ( season to taste) and mixed it all together.
- I then i left it to simmer for a few minutes and it was ready to serve.
I found this meal so quick and easy to make it took me less then 20 minutes from start to finish and it tasted a lot nicer then i thought that it would. It made a lot of curry and it would easily serve four people or you would be able to freeze some for a later date. I have had this with boiled rice and also as a jacket potato topping and it was really tasty and very filling and best of all it was all free foods on the Slimming World plan with not a single syn in site.